Hello, folks! I (Allison) have both a word prompt and a photo prompt for today’s inspiration. Bonus point! 😀
The word prompt is *drum roll please* dewdrops! I love dewdrops!
The photo prompt is a picture I took recently of grass bedecked with dew drops. Ahh…. 😀
This card I made looks sort of like the photo prompt, only I didn’t see the words “Happy Birthday” floating in the grass photo. XD
Here are a few tips for making the card:
- Hang a dewdrop from any curved part of a letter, and if you really want to sprinkled them on, add some to a horizontal line as well (like on the cross of the “H”).
- Once you’ve colored the grass with different green colored pencils, you may need to trace over some of the grass blades again with a pencil to sharpen their outlines.
- To make the grass in the front look closer to you, make the dewdrops sharper and darker, and make the ones hanging from the back grass more faded.
I also drew this snail-on-a-leaf ATC which uses the word prompt.
A few tips for drawing this:
- I drew this using different “levels” of pencils. I used a 5B pencil for some of the darker parts, like the shading of the dewdrops and the leaf stem. The higher up you go in B pencils, the softer and darker they will draw, and the higher up you go in H pencils, the harder and lighter they will draw. (For instance, a 6B pencil has a really soft lead that draws a fuzzy, dark line. A 9H pencil has a really hard lead that draws a sharp, faint line. Normal pencils are usually somewhere in the middle of the two.)
- Play around with the design inside of the snail’s shell.
- You don’t have to do this in pencil! Try using markers, watercolors, or colored pencils.
Thanks for joining me! I hope you were inspired to go make some art!